Tuesday 13 March 2012

Approval for one round of IVF/PGD!

It's now been almost 10 months since we lost our last baby. I wanted to write down how I felt after this time. I drafted something but got sidetracked before I pressed 'send'. At the time, I was in a very bad way. But since, the clouds have cleared somewhat. This is down almost entirely to the fact that I got a call from the hospital where we are going to have our IVF/PGD, to be told that our PCT (district health authority), has approved us for funding for one round of the IVF/PGD. I could have dropped to my knees in gratitude. It felt, and still feels, like this is the one piece of positive news that's happened to us in the last four years. I've perked up significantly since. It may not be a light at the end of the tunnel, but it means we are finally moving through this seemingly never-ending tunnel.

8 comments:

  1. That is great news! I wish you the best with this IVF, and that is wonderful that you are getting funding. Keep on going through that tunnel!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I am truly humbled. Now we just need it to work first time too :-/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm really pleased you have got funding. Someone sent me the link to your blog and it is like I could have written it myself (bar the funding!).

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry you've been told its not worth applying to your pct for funding. I know it's extreme, but have you considered moving/renting in a pct that might be more favourable? I'm sure your PGD hospital might be able to tell you which pcts tend to be more sympathetic...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great news wishing you all the best and glad to hear you are feeling brighter xx

      Delete
  5. I just saw your blog on my stats page. I'm so, so sorry you needed to find someone like me. I wanted to tell you that I know of a blogger that had something like what you are dealing with. I don't know if her story will help you or not - out of 13 pregnancies she has 3 healthy children, 2 were twins. She didn't really beat the odds but she did get her family in the end. I hope the same for you. She is well past trying to get pregnant but maybe her archives would help. Her name is julia, this is her address:http://julia.typepad.com/julia/

    Good luck with your IVF, I'm so glad you had that option, and I'm so very sorry for the loss of your boys.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice and interesting content. I really love reading on it.

    PGD Preimplantation genetic diagnosis

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is great you have shared in this blog. IVF is the fertility treatment but sometimes it is used with PGD to keep baby safe from inheritable conditions by preimplantation testing or screening. IVF with PGD in the best clinics possible to arrange and the cost is also affordable. This is really helpful for those who are looking for best fertility centers.

    Read More
    http://gestationalsurrogacyindia.com/pgdclinicinindia/

    ReplyDelete